I did go for a run this morning though. When I say run, I really mean jog. Like the pace of a fast walk that looks like running. I’m no runner. Yet.
My friend put the fear of God into me. She is back from college and asked if I wanted to run with her. “Yeah, sure (I’m always up for a challenge)… but I can maybe run a mile without stopping.”
Her sister giggled. “Tell her how much you run.”
“7-8 miles,” she humbly mumbled.
But I gotta tell you, after I got home and recovered from catching my breath and wiping the dripping sweat, I felt amazing! I did not run 7 miles, but I did run a good mile and a half. (Note to self: don’t kiss your husband goodbye at the front door before wiping away the sweat; it will taste like salt to him and he will smile and bluntly say, “Ewww”)
I felt: Strong. Energized. Motivated for the day. I even had grandiose ideas of running a marathon. Maybe. Someday. Like the land of Far Far Away. I can almost hear Donkey saying, “Are we there yet? Are we there yet?”
What is it that gives you strength and motivation for your day? Here are some of mine:
1) Crack open God’s Word. Linger there. Meditate. Pray.
2) Bodily exercise. It doesn’t profit as much, but it does profit! Your mind and your body.
3) Drink enough water. It flushes out those nasty fat cells and keeps you full longer. Sick of cold water? Why not try heating up some water in the microwave… then squirt some lemon in it. Sounds weird, but it is surprisingly relaxing and good!
4) Avoid sugar and gluten. I believe our bodies are ridden with too much gluten! Did you know that gluten can be linked to depression?
5) Don’t eat late at night.
6) Get enough sleep.
7) Don’t sweat it! Stress can add years to your life.
8) Get a yearly physical examination and blood work up. I had, like most busy moms, put this on the back burner for way too long. Come to find out, I was severely deficient in Vitamin D.
9) Play with your kids. If you don’t have any, beg for and borrow some. You actually won’t even need to beg. They will hand them over to you before you even finish your sentence! They will keep you energized, for sure!
Find out 17 ways to stay on track with your fitness goals here. Wanna lose 10 lbs? Check out my simple tips here.