Birthdays bring a lot of reflection and introspective thinking, don’t they?
I remember when 40 seemed ancient.
Now that I’m quickly approaching that number, it doesn’t seem to be that old. (Or maybe I tell myself that so I don’t freak out).
I am down 30 pounds since last year at this time. My goal is to lose 79 pounds in honor of my Grandma who passed away at that age. It would be amazing if I could hit that milestone this year!
I’ve found that following the Whole 30 plan seems to be the best fit for me. I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism during my teen years. Specifically the autoimmune disease: Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. This way of eating seems to work best to keep my body at a stable, healthy state!
You can follow my instagram for some food inspiration and meal ideas! I also have several healthy boards on my pinterest site. You can also check out my sidebar to the right for a list of healthy websites with wonderful meal ideas!
I’ve found that eating healthy (even above exercise) is the way I can successfully lose weight! I’ve also found that NOT depriving myself is key! If you are starving, find something on plan that satisfies your cravings.
I’m so thankful for all the Lord has done for me over these past 38 years. His goodness, provision, protection, and guidance is beyond explanation.
Some things I am pondering today on my birthday that might encourage you (because I LOVE to encourage and inspire people):
- If you want to do something, start today! Don’t wait for tomorrow.
- If you tell yourself you can’t do it, you will be stuck in a rut forever. Tell yourself you can!
- You can accomplish your dreams!
- Make sure your dreams line up with God’s will for your life.
- Always go to Target on your birthday.
- Live your TODAY doing your best. Go to bed knowing you did everything you could to walk out God’s plan for you.
- Be the energy you want to attract.
- Love YOUR life, not someone else’s life.
- Don’t count the days, make the days count.
- Health is not just about what you are eating. It’s (MORE) about what you are thinking and saying.
- Save and go on a vacation!
- You are always one decision away from a totally different life. Walk in the Spirit!
- The comeback is always greater than the setback.
- Allow God to soften your heart. Be teachable.
- Someday you are going to look back on all of the progress you’ve made and be glad you didn’t quit!
- Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.
- God didn’t give you the strength to get back on your feet, just so you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down!
- If you do what you always did, you’ll get what you always got.
- Gossip is a trap. Don’t partake.
- Don’t be part of a clique… but part of loving a whole body of Christ.
- Be a good, real, genuine friend! Listen more than you talk.
- Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory.
- Christ revealed in us, within our home, is the greatest and most precious legacy!
- There are no shortcuts. You must work for it!
- Don’t beat yourself up from what you do wrong as a Mom. You are doing a great job!
- Collect moments, not things. Things will let you down.
- Celebrate everyday successes!
- Love your kids unconditionally.
- Always wear your husband’s sweatshirts (especially when he’s out of town, so you can smell him and keep him close).
Should. Would. Could. DID!
- Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams, or wake up and chase them.
- Be still and know that HE is God.
- Note to self: Don’t measure your progress using someone else’s ruler.
- You get what you work for, not what you wish for.
- Do all that you can, and all that you thought you could not.
- The process of struggle can create something beautiful in you if you don’t run from it!