1 Samuel 12:24
But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart;
consider what great things he has done for you.
It’s a wonderful thing to be able to serve God and others as a family. Here are some simple ways to do it:
- Host a missionary family and have your children welcome them into your home and serve them dinner.
- Pack up old things around the house that you no longer need, and take them to a needy family together.
- Deliver turkey baskets together on Thanksgiving.
- Sponsor a child and keep in touch by sending letters and care packages.
- Take a meal to a new neighbor in your area.
- Visit a local nursing home together.
- Serve in a homeless shelter.
- Get some bags, and go clean up trash in your area.
- Be mindful to teach your kids to be mission-minded and let their light shine no matter where you are.
- Serve together in a ministry within your church.
- Sit down as a family, and have your children come up with some ideas.
- Praise and thank your children when they serve another member of the family! Service should start at home.
Find the rest of the
31 Days Of Simple Living (click here)
UPDATES FOR FREE: Subscribe in a reader
Thanks for visiting!