Clutter irritates me. I didn’t say that I don’t have clutter in my home, but I basically just get fed up with all the piles of paper, and junk flowing out of my junk drawer and just go into a blitz, throwing away frenzy! What are some simple ways to keep your home in order?
- Create open, clean spaces in your home.
- Have a spot (shelf, drawer, etc) that is primarily empty.
- Try to keep your surfaces (table, counter tops, etc) bare.
- Don’t cram stuff onto every possible shelf/ledge.
- Get rid of unnecessary papers as soon as possible.
- Have a place for everything.
- Return everything to its place in a prompt fashion.
- Know what to save, and what to give/throw away.
- Don’t hoard junk.
- If you haven’t used something in a year, get rid of it.
- Make your bed every morning.
- Try not to go to bed with a sink full of dishes (my weakness).
- Put shoes, coats, boots, etc away in the closet immediately.
- Missing something? It’s amazing what you will find when you tidy up a bit!
- Make organization a part of your daily life.
- Invest in good closet organizers to maximize your home’s space.
UPDATES FOR FREE: Subscribe in a reader