Many may argue that being fashion-savvy is sinful. We should not be so concerned about beauty and the outward appearance after all! Let’s be very careful of legalism! I do agree that the Bible does warn us about being consumed with outward beauty alone.
1 Peter 3:3-4 says, Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.
Proverbs 31:30 says, Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
1 Samuel 16:7 says, But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”
How I View Fashion
1) Adorn the inner person, the hidden person of the heart first. (The Key To Being Beautiful Post)
2) Don’t let it consume you.
3) Don’t let it become a contentment issue. Hebrews 13:5
4) Don’t let it be the focal point of your day/life.
5) Have fun with fashion. Let it be an art, and leave it at that.
6) Just because the world says it’s fashionable, doesn’t mean it is.
7) Hold up your standards against the Word of God first. He is the artist and He alone dictates what is true beauty.
8) Be you! Don’t be so concerned about keeping up with the trends that you forget that God made you unique.
9) There is nothing wrong with outer beauty if you let your inner beauty shine brightest! Don’t forget your #1 outfit should be your armor! Ephesians 6:11
10) God never expected us to be frumpy and wear brown potato sacks. It’s okay to like nice things and dress beautiful. God created women with an innate desire to feel beautiful. (26 Ways To Feel Pretty)
What I Wore Wednesday posts are very popular. People all across the internet post their fashion tips and outfits for the week. At first I was a little leery about doing this, but it’s all in fun and there is no harm in it. Here are some of my past posts here.
Pinterest is also a great way to pick up fun fashion tips.
Fashion & Faith is a great site for ladies who love Jesus and fashion.
The Evolution Of The Swimsuit The evolution of the swimsuit, by Jessica Rey. This gives me a lot to think about. True beauty isn’t about covering up our bodies because they are bad, but letting our dignity shine brightest.
Grace Magazine This looks like an awesome site I’m going to be checking out. Like them on facebook.
Over-Dressed: The Shockingly High Cost Of Cheap Fashion.
God’s Priceless Woman
UPDATES FOR FREE: Subscribe in a reader