If you’ve lived long enough, you’ve experienced some sort of conflict. Whether it’s a misunderstanding, a difference of opinions, or down right being mistreated. Let’s face it… it hurts!
How do you respond to hurt? Do you:
- Be hurtful back
- State your point
- Get feisty
- Can you feel your heart beat faster
- Do you toss and turn at night
- Do you rehearse conversations in your mind
- Realize that it is only the Holy Spirit’s job to convict and change a heart.
- Realize He may be doing a work in your own heart during the process.
- Pray for that person and ask for a peaceable attitude towards them.
- In the heat of the moment, don’t ever speak words that you will regret.
- Always ask God for wisdom and a grace-giving outlook.
- Don’t let it affect your relationship with your Lord and Savior, Jesus.
- Seek to please Jesus first.
- You can’t change someone else’s behavior, but you can change your own.
when brothers live together in harmony!”