Do you ever feel a tad bit jealous when you see super fabulous DIY projects like my friend Heather’s $4.50 Easy, No-Sew Roman Shade Tutorial?
I do! I think, I most certainly would NOT be able to “DO. THAT. MYSELF”! I’ll pay the $30.00 just to keep my sanity alone, thank you very much!
It’s not like I’m not happy for these super-de-duper-creative-have-it-all-together women… I AM! But I hear so many women echoing what I often think:
Man, I feel like a failure compared to her.
How does she do it all?
I can barely keep my house in order during the day and she can do all that!
So often we compare our worth based on how we think we measure up compared to other women. Do we not?
Some things to remember if you are struggling to be content in a D.I.Y World:
1. Your worth is found in Christ. He created you just the way you are!
2. You have many talents that other women do not possess. Thrive where God’s gifted you.
3. Other women have many talents that you do not possess. Get over it.
4. Stop beating yourself up that your house isn’t perfect, you sometimes yell at your children, and you’d rather buy something full price instead of taking the time to make it.
5. You are unique and a gift from the Lord! Keep shining right where you are at.
1 Corinthians 10:31: “So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
Thanks for visiting!