I’ve always loved sports. Every since I was a little girl, I would be outside, throwing around a football with the best of them.
I also am a succor for the underdog winning. I love close games, so I was beyond thrilled to see quarterback Tim Tebow win the other night! Wow, what a game!
Our Christian life is a game of sorts… a race.
2 Timothy 4:7 says, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful.”
Philippians 3:14 says, “I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.”
Although we run and we strive and we endure, sometimes I forget that the victory has already been won! Jesus paid it all on the cross on my behalf and I do not have to live a defeated life!
How do we live defeated lives?
1) Downcast by our many failures.
2) Feeling condemned by our numerous weaknesses.
3) Trying to earn God’s favor when He already loves us completely and unconditionally!
So live like the victory has been won today!
1) Serve Him because He first loved you.
2) Be joyful because He triumphs over sin and death.
3) Sing aloud praises to His name, because He is worthy!
I will leave you with one of my favorite verses today. May it bring you comfort and peace resting in the arms of your Savior:
Zephaniah 3:17 “The LORD your GOD is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing.”
Thanks for visiting!