Whether we call it a resolution or not, we all have new health goals for 2012. Do you? Should you drink more water? Eat more fruit and veggies, whole grain foods, exercise more? Are you motivated by some healthy competition? WELL READ ON, this simple competition is FOR YOU!
I developed this system last week. I have a total of 10 teams competing as we speak (started January 1st and will end July 1st).
Do you have some organization skills? Can you round up either 5-10 individuals or 5-10 teams sometime this week?
This is a points-based system. It is not all about weight loss (for those of you who do not need to lose any weight). Here’s the details:
YOU GET 5 POINTS FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING THINGS YOU DO IN A DAY:
1) For each 8 oz glass of water you drink (8 glasses x 5= 40 points).
2) For each serving of a fruit you eat.
3) For each serving of a vegetable you eat.
4) For each serving of a whole grain food you eat (whole wheat, whole corn, brown rice, etc. – no enriched white!).
5) For each 20 minutes you exercise (this would be like a exercise DVD, walking, treadmill, elliptical, sit ups, leg lifts, etc)
6) If you eat a healthy breakfast (protein, fruit, and/or fiber based)
7) If you don’t eat anything after 8 pm.
8) If you lose a pound (once you’ve earned that 5 points for that pound lost, if you gain it back you don’t earn 5 points for losing it again).
9) If you make it through the day without drinking soda or another sugary beverage like sweet tea,etc.
Start rounding up people and see if they are interested? Send them this post for details. Once you have your teams set up, have them email their points to you weekly. They can keep their weight private (this is an honor system). Teams/individuals should weigh in every Sunday morning.
What our 10 teams did was put in $10 each towards a $100 gift card for the team earning the most points by July 1st, 2012.
The team with the highest percentage of weight loss (divide pounds lost by starting weight) earns an additional 50 points at the end!
Link up below if you are interested. Comment with any questions and I will answer in this post. Let me know in the comments section if you want pdf versions of daily and weekly points sheets.