1. Budget Your Time Pinning.
Like with anything in life, we need to budget our time. Have a time of the day that you will/will not get on Pinterest. Get your family’s approval.
2. Only “Pin” Stuff You Really LOVE.
Don’t get “pin” happy. Only pin stuff you really really LOVE. That way you will keep you boards free of unnecessary clutter.
3. Simplify Your Boards.
Don’t have a million trillion boards. Generalize your boards such as (Home Beauties, Food, Kids, Seasonal Flair, etc)
4. Pin Your Own Masterpieces!
Pin your own masterpieces! Don’t know how? Just click the add button at the top right of your Pinterest page, click add pin, and then plug in your link (example a blog post link), and then pick your picture, and create the pin.
5. Give Helpful Suggestions To Others.
Have you found stuff you think will help others? Share it via email or facebook.
6. Only Follow People’s Stuff You Approve.
Why you say? Because then you don’t see all the junk that you don’t care to see. We need to keep careful watch on what we see… especially via images we let through these eyes, and eventually into our heart.
7. Guard Your Heart Against Covetousness.
Be careful not to let your online browsing let a seed of covetousness grow in your heart. This is not what Pinterest is for. If you start getting thoughts like, I wish my kitchen looked like that, and wow, I wish I could make or do that… BEWARE! Have a heart to heart about why you are feeling this way.
8. Host A Pinterest Party!
There are people (like me) that didn’t know how to get on Pinterest or use it for the longest time. Why not host a Pinterest Party at your home or favorite coffee shop? Bring your laptops, have a cup of coffee, and share share share with your girlfriends!
9. Don’t Just Pin… Create!
Don’t just sit on Pinterest for house pinning and never creating. Live your real life and use your brain for good!
10. Be Realistic & Have A Plan.
Your (my) plan might look something like this:
1) Get out your favorite notepad.
2) On Saturday, write down your top 5 recipes, 5 decorating ideas, 5 favorite anything…
3) Write them down in your notepad.
4) Pick one new thing a week to try!
5) Then teach someone else how to do it!
Our lives are meant for community… a community of friendship and bonding… get out of your own comfy shell.
Thanks for visiting!