In a social media driven world, we have become less social. It has backfired. Even made us hermits, perhaps?
1. Instead of sending a text, pick up the phone and call someone.
2. Instead of sending a bouquet of virtual flowers, drop off some real wild flowers on your neighbor’s doorstep.
3. Instead of sending an e-card, give someone a real one.
4. Instead of sending an email, put a handwritten note in your real mailbox.
5. Instead of playing Angry Birds, play a board game with your children.
6. Instead of adding virtual animals via Farmville, volunteer at your local animal shelter.
7. Instead of becoming LinkedIn, connect with someone you don’t know at church this Sunday.
8. Instead of posting a vlog on You Tube, hold a bible study in your home.
9. Instead of subscribing to someone’s reader, find a way to invest in their life.
10. Instead of chatting with a friend on Facebook, talk face to face.
11. Instead of “liking” someone’s status, take them out for coffee and tell them how much they mean to you.
12. Instead of Tweeting your life, #liveit.