1. Wash Your Hands. Sound too simple? It’s not. Wash their little faces as well.
2. Get Good Rest. Do your children have a spastic sleep schedule? They need to be sleeping in their own beds and getting a good night’s rest. So do you Mommy! It’s never too late to start new “good” habits in your home.
3. Get Movin’ & Grovin’. Summer is a perfect time for this. Getting children moving allows their blood to circulate and antibodies and white blood cells necessary to fight off infection.
4. Raw Fruits & Veggies. My son loves fruit but hates veggies. I need to be more creative in thinking up ways to get veggies into his little body! Some creative ideas: plant a garden with them, make funny faces with the veggies, try hiding it in foods like muffins, and most of all, model good eating habits yourself. Not very creative? Check out these 8 fun ideas.
5. Take A Multivitamin. My children think it’s a treat to eat these 2 small gummy vitamins every day. It’s challenging to give our children all the nutrients their growing bodies need… so this is a great way to supplement their normal, healthy diet.
6. Drink Lots Of Water. My children get a lot of water by giving them 3/4 water and 1/4 apple juice. Water is a great way to stay healthy and help prevent constipation, fatigue, dry skin, headaches, and dehydration.
7. Decrease The Sugar! Sugar decreases the immune system function. Avoid processed foods like cereals and snacks loaded with high fructose corn syrup. Choose healthier snacks. Instead of gummies or suckers, give them YOGURT RAISINS or FLAVORED CRAISINS! A great alternative.
8. Yogurt. Give your children yogurt that is low in sugar and full of probiotics. Similar to healthy bacteria that grow in our tummies, these probiotics increase the number of microorganisms that maintain strong immune systems.
9. Garlic! Garlic is a wonderful natural antibiotic. The best way to eat garlic is fresh and raw. Try pressing a couple garlic cloves and expressing their juice. Add this juice to their favorite fruit juice!
10. Try Eliminating Dairy. If your child is prone to allergies and full of mucus, try ridding their diet of dairy products. If you get rid of all their dairy, you will want them to take a liquid calcium supplement.
11. Pumpkin Seeds. These are full of Zinc. This can help stop viral infection at the onset.
12. Reduce The Stress. Make time for care-free moments in your children’s day. Laugh a lot. Play a lot. Stress can alter everyone’s immune system response, not to mention create a host of other problems.