At first glance, this baby doll really disturbed me. Berjuan Toys, the company that has always supported the development of small children by producing interesting, engaging dolls, continues its tradition with the release of this innovative baby doll, The Breast Milk Baby. Then I watched this mom’s viewpoint (click here). She had some great points.
On the other hand, do I think that our 4 and 5 year old little girls need to have a $99.00 doll to practice with? I don’t think it is necessary, but is it wrong? I’d have to say that the flower nipples on the halter top the little girl wears is a bit creepy.
Man, and does it have people up in arms! Like any controversial topic, it has definitive conflicting views.
Some people say, “what about bottle tops that our babies practice with? They are shaped like a woman’s breast and nobody has a problem with that.”
A lot to think about.
The United States Health Resources and Services Administration has made it a national goal to have at least 75% of all mothers breastfeeding for at least six months by 2010. So is this just another marketing tool?
1) I still don’t think I’ll ever purchase one of these dolls.
2) I think the little girl’s mommy is the best example of breastfeeding if she chooses to feed her child that way.
3) Yes, breastfeeding is natural. But what about women that struggle with it? Like me (read my story here).
4) Why not just stick with the bottle with little girls? For all we know, it could very well be “breast milk or formula” in the bottle..
5) Final thought… little girls are too young to breastfeed (in my opinion) if they have to put on a halter top with flower-shaped nipples. Let little girls be little girls! They already grow up too fast!
Okay, time to hear from you. What are your thoughts?