Then I look up… and around… and I get that gut wrenching jealousy in the pit of my stomach.
Broken chips cover my floor.
Dishes are piled high.
Bathtub is filled with rubber duckies and soapy toys.
Beds are unmade.
Kids rub dirty hands on furniture and window panes.
Stains mark walls, floors, and ceilings.
I know that my home will never be perfect. It will never match up to those magazine covers and HGTV remodeling shows!
1) It wasn’t perfect, but it was always cozy and inviting!
2) It was a safe place where love ruled, and forgiveness flourished!
3) It was a place my children felt comfortable bringing their friends over to.
4) It was a place where gentle voices were spoken.
5) It was a place where our family ate at the table together.
6) It was a place where laughter echoed forth.
7) It was a place where hugs, kisses and “I Love Yous” were given out freely.
8) It was a place where the Word of God was opened liberally!
9) It was a place where memories were made!
10) It was a place where contentment and thanksgiving abounded!