One of my favorite things about cooler weather is a little thing called a slow cooker! There is nothing like coming home from church on a Sunday morning to a house filled with a sweet aroma. This is my favorite pot roast recipe. I have made it a dozen times! It gives a nice sweet touch to the traditional pot roast recipes! The macaroni and cheese recipe is one of my husband’s favorites! It is so cheesy and melt in your mouth good!
Cranberry Pot Roast
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1 (3 lb) beef chuck roast
1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
2 TBS. melted butter
2 TBS. flour
1. Place onion soup mix in the bottom of a slow cooker. Place roast in the slow cooker and top with the cranberry sauce.
2. Cover and cook 8 hours on LOW or 4-5 on HIGH.
3. Remove roast, and set aside. Whisk together butter and flour and slowly mix into the liquid remaining in the slow cooker to create a spectacular sweet/salty gravy to serve with the roast!
Macaroni and Cheese (Better Crocker)
2 cups uncooked pasta (7 ounces)
1/4 cup butter or stick of margarine
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 ounces – I use 12-14 ounces)
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Cook macaroni as directed.
3. While that is cooking, melt butter in a 3 quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
4. Drain macaroni. Gently stir macaroni into cheese sauce. Pour into ungreased 2 quart casserole dish. Top with breadcrumbs or crumbed Ritz crackers. Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until bubly.
Thanks for visiting!