1. Eliminate hurry.
2. Downsize expectations.
3. Learn to say no.
4. Admit mistakes and imperfections.
5. Laugh more—don’t take life or yourself too seriously.
6. Take care of yourself.
7. Know what triggers your anger.
1. Get right with God: believe in him, confess your sins, forgive others. (James 4:7-8)
2. Experience God’s unconditional love and acceptance. (Zephaniah 3:17)
3. Accept who God made you to be. (Psalms 139:13-16)
4. Trust God and his sovereignty—let him be in control. (Isaiah 40:25-28)
5. Be merciful. (Luke 6:35-36)
6. Pray about everything. (Philippians 4:6-7)
If you had to pick 3 ways (that stick out to you the most) that you could help yourself minimize stress, which would they be?
For me, they would be the first 3:
3)Learn to say no.
I’m always in a hurry. I’m a chronic speeder on the roadway. Watch out world, let me through! Wrong wrong wrong attitude, I know. Even when I’m not late going somewhere, I’m still in a hurry. I need to change my mindset. Go a little slower. Ask the Lord to help me slow down my pace.
I also have unrealistic expectations of others, and more times than not, myself. I need to realize that I can only do my best for today. I do not need to save the world or cure cancer. I just need to be obedient with the little choices of today. God will take care of the rest.
I’ve learned to put #3 into practice. This is hard for us type A personalities. Sometimes we think we can do it all. That we should. No…. we can’t do it all or always have our ducks in a row. While it is important to be diligent and hard working, we may not always accomplish 25 things in a day, when we were meant to only finish 5 important tasks.
What about you? Start today. . . remove stress from your vocabulary and lifestyle. What are your top 3 things to start working on?
Take a few seconds
and connect with me… I’d hate to lose you in cyberspace!