Okay ladies… time to stroll down memory lane. You are getting ready for him to come pick you up. Butterflies are doing summer salts in your tummy. You keep peeking out the window, anxiously awaiting his arrival. Okay, maybe just one more time in front of the mirror to see if everything is in place. Hair fixed, check! Teeth brushed, check! Clothing top notch, check! Make up just right, check!
Is it like that now? Even close? Most days, we are pleased just to keep our sanity when our sweet hubby walks through the door.
Should we strive to be “HOT” for our husbands? I say yes. Realistically speaking. Marriage takes work! Any good marriage takes cultivating, daily/hourly dying to self and walking in the Spirit. Let me put it into “women-terms”….. SHOES.
Take those new pair of shoes. Do you run outside with them after a rainstorm and slosh around in the mud? Do you purposely scuff them up? No, you and I take meticulous care of those “precious heels”! We put them in a safe place. We walk gracefully in them. We don’t let our little girls play dress up in them. Why should we take such good care of a silly, materialistic item such as shoes, but not take care of ourselves for our dear husbands?
10 Ways To be “HOT” For Your Husband:
1) Wear a smile
2) Be his very best friend and number one cheerleader
3) Don’t be lazy (Proverbs 6:9)
4) Avoid being simple/clamorous (Proverbs 9:13)
5) Be an encourager (Proverbs 12:25)
6) Don’t be a malicious slanderer (Proverbs 11:13)
7) Be a shining crown vs. bringing rottenness to his bones (Proverbs 12:4)
8) Strengthen your arms (exercise your body) (Proverbs 31:17)
9) Look nice for him when he walks through the door
10) Treat him with respect and honor (Ephesians 5:33)
Are you working at your marriage? What are some things you could work on to make yourself more beautiful (inside and out) for your special husband this week?
Linking up at Marriage Mondays
Thanks for visiting!