For all you married gals out there. . . it is not your job to make cookies for another woman’s husband.
Simply go out of your way to please one man, the one that is yours!
Whether you have been married for just a year, 5, 10, 20, or 50 . . . it does not take long to learn what your husband enjoys.
- a smiling, happy wife?
- a warm meal on the table when he gets home?
- a back rub?
- a tidy home?
- words of affirmation?
- lots of hugs, kisses, and affection?
- having fun with him?
- cleaning and ironing his clothes?
- a phone call just to tell him that you love and appreciate him?
Why not make a list?
Then number them according to what you think is most important to him. Look at your top 3. Now strive to do those 3 things for him every day.
Too hard? I say no.
Now, there are days when I feel like a down right horrible wife. I’m over emotional. Teary. Grumpy.
But when I stop to thank God for all the wonderful things my husband does for me, I can’t help but be thankful. I also realize that God gave me 1 husband. Just 1! I need to take time daily to cultivate my appreciation for him. God commands it.
Ephesians 5:33: “Nevertheless, let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.”
My top 3 for my hubby:
1) A tidy (picked up) home when he gets home from work.
2) A warm meal.
3) Words and touches of affirmation and praise.
So what would be your top 3 for your husband?
Now, prayerfully, strive to daily put those things into practice. Be creative. Ask the Lord to help you please your husband today. Every day.
Some creative ideas you might like to try:
- Send him a snail mail letter – to his work
- Write I love you on the bathroom mirror with soap
- Make his favorite dessert and surprise him with it
- Give him a long back rub
- Get a babysitter and take him out to his favorite restaurant
- Plan an intimate night for just the 2 of you at home
Don’t forget to take a few seconds
and connect with me: