Thinking about joining that gym? Look no further than your own home! Did you know that cleaning can be GREAT exercise? If you’ve never gotten a workout while cleaning, put some elbow grease into girlfriend!
- Vacuuming — between 75 and 125 depending how vigorous you are!
- Making beds — 136/hour
- Cooking — 40–50
- Raking leaves — 110
- Lawn mowing — between 150 and 225 depending on how much you have to push it!
- Light cleaning — 240/hour
- Dusting, Straightening Up, Changing Linen, Carrying Out Trash — 170 calories/hour
- On Hands and Knees, Scrubbing Bathroom, Bathtub – 258/hour
- Washing The Dishes – 156/hour
- Ironing – 156/hour
- Mopping – 238/hour
- Putting Away Clothes – 156/hour
Motivated While Cleaning:
4) Turn it into a game. See how much you can get done in 1/2 hour.
5) Make sure you put your sneaks on (you will move and groove easier).
6) Reach up high (dust above eye level), and bend down low (clean those baseboards and under stuff like couches, tables, beds, etc)
7) Have a nice cup of coffee before you start. Better yet, get in your water quota… constantly drink water while you work!
8) Go around your house and find 30 things to throw away (just don’t throw away important documents in a frenzy, I’ve done that )
9) Turn off the TV, phone, and computer so they don’t distract you.
10) Make sure to have your arsenal (cleaning products) out and ready for you to grab.
N – (Friday Link Up Party– Your Before/After Cleaning Pictures)