If not for hope, I’d be sinking in the mud and filth of this world! I would be left for dead. I would be drifting without a sail. We are living in a world that shouts, “follow me… I will make you prosperous. I will give you happiness.”
I found myself repeatedly saying, There’s Hope! There’s always Hope, in Christ!
When your life has led you to a place where you’ve met your own, “rock bottom”. . . look to the ONE who is the Rock, Fortress, and Mighty Refuge in time of need!
Go back to the basics of God’s Love for you.
1) Remind yourself of the Gospel (Romans 5:8)
2) Remind yourself that God Loves You with an unconditional, everlasting Love. . . you can’t earn it, for He loves you the same; at your very best and very worst moments. (Jeremiah 31:3)
3) Look to God’s Word and believe its promises, for they are true. (2 Peter 1:4-8)
4) Surround yourself with the things of God. (Bible, Godly friendships, God-honoring music, women’s bible studies, etc) (Proverbs 27:17)
5) Take a break from the media buzz! (Turn off your television, computer, phone, etc. Take a break from the pull to check email, facebook, twitter, blogs, etc) (1 John 2:16-17)
6) When your life has got you down, hope in God (Psalm 42:5)
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
Support me in the whelming flood.
He then is all my Hope and Stay.
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.