one I had smelled before.
It had been awhile,
since that scent and I
had met one another’s acquaintance.
All the same, It seemed to stir up so much.
Remembering it best when I was a child,
It seemed to stay long,
It was so inviting;
I just had to be around it!
Today I inhaled that radiant beauty,
as it danced across my nose,
Inviting me to follow it like a wandering pup.
I knew I looked silly~
very silly indeed,
but I did not care.
I just could not get enough!
So I stopped.
I closed my eyes;
I felt the warmth of it against my cheeks.
I breathed it in
with all my might,
until my lungs could hold no more.
I paused. . .
and ever so slowly,
What does it smell like, you might ask?
Sweet, so sweet
but not the overpowering type
The fragrance of:
basking in the glorious gifts I have been given,
from my precious Lord Jesus!
You don’t have any such gifts?
You have never smelled such a smell?
They are all around you!
And when you make the time
to take a mental note
of all the blessings in your life,
You will smell it to!
That familiar fragrance will begin to fill the air,
one of gratitude and praise.
That favorite perfume of yours,
sitting proudly atop your dresser,
may all too soon run out!
But this one~
can be filled at a moments notice,
all expenses paid in full!
So won’t you lift your heart
to the one that gave you breath,
and simply say
THE SECRET IS OUT ~
Get your bottomless perfume of praise today!
11. The purr of my little boy’s giddy glee in my ear
12. My husband’s tender glance, and loving heart
13. The breeze across my face when I zip zip zip over the waves, on my jet ski
14. The peaceful hum of the dryer as my children sleep soundly in their beds
15. A childhood where I was able to be forever changed…
by riding an old bus into the city to pick up kids for church.
16. Sitting and talking with my little girl outside…
while we pluck at the grass together
17. Talking about memories of “how we met” with my hubby
18. Thankful that I listened, and was obedient to God,
remaining pure for him, until I said “I do”.
19. That I have dirty dishes to clean,
because it means I have food to eat!
20. For loving grandparents to my kids,
that live so close by!
21. For the Seasons that change,
and the “newness” they bring!
Do you want to start your own “One Thousand Gifts” List? Click link below:
I can worship; or I can whine!
~Nancy Leigh DeMoss