I LOVE dating my husband. I don’t want to ever grow tired of it!
My youth leaders during the prime of my teenage years always made a point of telling us teens “Don’t you ever stop dating him/her when you get married! You set up a time each week to date your spouse.”
Now that I am a seasoned married woman of almost 5 years (chuckle chuckle), I couldn’t agree more! It is so important! It doesn’t matter what you do, as long as you make time for one another.
Some No – No’s To Avoid:
Try to leave your “burdens” to hash out for another time.
Make every attempt to laugh and have fun!
date your spouse the “cheap way”:
1. Take a stroll through a scenic park.
2. Make a picnic lunch and sit under a tree chatting.
3. Fly a kite together.
4. Go play putt putt.
5. Rent a $1 movie and make some homemade popcorn!
6. Take a stroll or bike ride along a canal.
7. Go out for ice cream and sit by the water.
8. Host a game night! Have some friends over and play some favorite games.
9. Take a nice long drive. (I know what YOU are thinking… that isn’t cheap anymore!) My answer: The price of gas = priceless (when it comes to creating a memorable afternoon with your hunny!
10. Make a nice meal at home after the kids go to bed; light some candles, turn on some relaxing music, and enjoy one another! (Or you can send your kids to a friend’s house or better yet, their grandparents!)
11. $1 Theaters are always a great option.
12. Do a Google search: for FREE things to do in your city.
13. Restaurant.com has gift certificates for less. For many restaurants you can get $25 cards for $10.
14. Go visit your local zoo together.
15. Indoor/Outdoor Ice Skating (when available)
16. Good old fashion bowling!
Song in our wedding:
By Heart By Soul ~ Avalon
If You were a road
I’d learn every turn til I
Could find my way with my eyes closed
If You were a song
I’d sing along til I
Knew every word and every note
But you were everything to me
Your the Love I live to see
By heart, by soul
Thats how I want to know You
Keep you as close as
Breath is to life
Wanna watch Your Love unfold
By heart, by soul
If You were a place
I’d stay my whole life til I
Had every corner memorized
And if You were a star
I’d follow You home, You would be
The Light that is my only guide
You were everything to me
My A to Z
Your the Love that lives in me
I wanna know You inside and out
Better than I even know myself